Wednesday 5 February 2014

Best Beauty Buys Under $10 (Part 1)

Is there anyone that doesn't like finding a bargain product that performs well?! I'll admit, I am a bit wary of purchasing cheaper products. If it costs more then it must be better, right? I have been proven wrong! I'm going to share with you some budget buys that I've not only tried once but repurchased many times. 

Let's go from left to right. First up is the Essence Studio Nails Ultra Strong Nail Hardener.
I have always found it hard to grow my nails to a decent length. They tend to peel, break, etc. Even when I was consuming heaps of protein, they were still crap! I was initially planning to fork out $30 to buy the raved about Revitanail Nail Strengthener, until I saw this product. The Essence Studio Nails Ultra Strong Nail Hardener has a RRP of $3.50. I figured if it was useless I would buy the Revitanail anyway since I would have only wasted some loose change. Fortunately, it turned out to be fantastic and I have repurchased it many times now. My nails are longer than they've ever been now that I'm using this hardener. They don't break or peel anymore so they're able to grow much longer. Additionally, they're much stronger too! They aren't flexible and don't bend. However, you do have to keep using it to maintain the results. I did notice that if I stopped using it, my nails went back to crappy. I definitely recommend this to those of you needing some help growing your nails (unless you want to avoid Formaldehyde, as this does contain it).

Now on to the Lacura Renew (Anti-Wrinkle Q10) Cleansing Wipes. These come in a 30 pack and can be purchased at Aldi for $2. I use cleansing wipes to remove my make up before I cleanse. These are moist, gentle, and remove my make up well (even waterproof mascara). Best of all, they don't leave any sort of residue! I absolutely hate when facial wipes leave a residue on my face. I use facial wipes to remove make up, oil, etc ... I do not want them adding product to my face. I'm only in my early 20's and these are marketed towards those aged 30+, but I find that silly. I do not expect any facial wipe will reduce fine lines (as claimed on the packaging). However, I'll ignore the anti-aging claims and remain pleased that these do what they're meant to - cleanse! :)

The third product is the L’OrĂ©al Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Instant Miracle. This product has a RRP of $7.99. You would all know from my previous blog post that I have bleached blonde hair. I use treatment masks frequently to keep my hair in the best condition possible. I've tried many budget hair masks and most of them are mediocre at best. This is one of the better budget hair masks you can find. This melts in to my hair instantly and detangles it. I can even apply this to my roots and it won't weigh down my fine hair or make it look greasy.  This is a lightweight but effective treatment that leaves my hair silky, soft and shiny. Additionally, it smells amazing and the smell lingers! 

Have you tried any of these products? Are you reluctant to purchase cheaper beauty products? 


2 comments :

  1. I do like Revitanail, but at such a low price point, I'm going to try Essence! I love buying a budget product when it preforms well. I could care less about what brand something is, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear how well it works for you! It's so quick drying too, so that makes me like it even more :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.